- got married in a small, steampunk ceremony
- got appointed Clinical Liaison of the Balance and Falls SIG for AGPT
- became Eastern Regional Coordinator for the State Advocate program for AGPT
- was elected secretary for the Gerontological Society of America's Emerging Scholars and Professionals Organization
- presented at APTA Combined Sections Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana
- became a GeriEDGE task force member
- got tired of a 3-4 hours round trip commute (hooray Chicago traffic)
- transitioned from inpatient rehabilitation to the home health setting
- now work for 2 online continuing education groups
All good things really, but a lot of change and a lot of time consuming projects!
Now, onto business! I am stepping back in to work focus on this blog and we have some great content coming out in the next few months! We will be talking about the pros and cons of social media use as health care providers, the importance of self-care, and weather or not to change your last name when you get married (which is a pain for those that are already licensed!). Its going to be a fun ride for the rest of the year and we look forward to causing quite a stir along the way!